Stir up nostalgia among the neighbors while creating a show-stopping nighttime activity for the kids. With just a few simple steps your backyard can be the any-night hangout!
What you need:
- White sheet
- Digital Projector (You can purchase one from a local electronics or office supply store, or rent one at select camera shops or online.)
- Laptop computer or DVD player
- Your movie of choice
- Blankets or lawn chair
- Movie snacks
How to do it:
1. Begin by hanging a large white sheet from a clothesline and fastening it with clothespins.
2. Hook up your projector to either a laptop computer or DVD player. Adjust the projector so that the picture is centered on the white sheet.
3. Plug the speakers into the laptop or DVD player, and you're ready to play your movie. Read our movie suggestions for each age group below.
4. Set up lawn chairs or lay blankets for your guests.
Recommended flicks for all ages
20th Century Fox, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, G
Walt Disney Video, The Wild, G
20th Century Fox, Alvin and the Chipmunks, PG
Walt Disney Video, Enchanted, PG
Warner Home Video, Nancy Drew, PG
DreamWorks Animated, Bee Movie, PG
Walt Disney Video, National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets, PG
New Line Home Video, The Golden Compass, PG-13
Looking for the perfect movie snack? WONKA® MIXUPS® and BUMPY JELLY BEANS® are the ideal sweet and chewy movie munchie. Just place in small bowls or cups and each of your guests will have his or her very own sweet snack.
All activities should be parent-supervised. Parents, please make sure that the tools and items needed for a project are appropriate for your child.
Back to top